10.10.05

chantelle2

Untitled-1


"A photogram is created by placing objects on the surface of a photo-sensitive surface such as photo paper then exposing it to light. The result is a silhouetted image varying in darkness based on the transparency of the objects used. This method of imaging is perhaps most prominently attributed to Man Ray and his exploration of rayographs."


So what do I say about my photograms? I really like the way that the ribbon turned out, how texture-y it looks with the weave of fabric. I don't know how I did it, but frankly, I think that the foggy aspect of the bracelet in the first photogram is amazing. I wish I could figure out how to recapture that effect and duplicate it- yes, that would make me happy. And oh hey, I love the groovyness of my crystal- that was probably one of the best objects I brought in and one of my better ideas. So yes, as far as a self-critique goes- I'd have to give myself something around a seven out-of-ten. I feel for some reason I could've done better having already had previous experience with photograms and enlargers but I did try my best. I guess I'm just not cut out to make photograms that belong in a gallery, heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home